Friday, May 12, 2006

News From Browntown

News From Browntown

As the week winds down I thought I'd give an update on my first week back to work after the very nice vacation time off. I was fortunate to be able to ease back into the routine with only a trip to Roanoke, Va. Not too bad of a drive, and gave me an opportunity to see Win and have dinner with him. The occasion was preceded by the transfer of the Sony TV from home - my car to Win's. None of you ever had the opportunity to feel just how heavy a TV can be. Seriously, I think it is the heaviest piece of equipment I've ever had to move. Fortunately Win and I got it done without breaking anything important. I left it up to him to figure out how to get it into his apartment!

Next week I'm not as fortunate with my schedule as I've been assigned to a project in Naples, Florida. Now, some of you might think heading to Fla. would be a good thing. I guess it is if you're on vacation! To make it even worse, I won't be anywhere near Gina or Thomas so a visit (which would make the whole trip bearable) is out of the question.

I am going to spend the remainder of today and the weekend catching up on ... you guessed it ... MOWING! I'm hoping to get Mom and Grammy out on the mowers too! Happy Mother's Day to them! That's it for the moment, blog when you can!

dad

No comments: