Friday, May 19, 2006

News From Browntown

News From Browntown

Who knew that an interest in sticks and string could lead to such things as Christmas in May in Browntown?

Cleo and I had a surprise this morning. We got up and, as usual, the first thing I did was to follow Cleo to the front door to let her out. We were both taken aback when she had to navigate her way off the porch through two boxes that hadmysteriously appeared there. I have not opened them but I already know that they contain a SPINNING WHEEL sent to me by a friend in Chicago! Bev Nachtrieb and I had such a good time talking about fiber crafts when she was here with her husband a couple of weeks ago that she sent me her spare spinning wheel.

I am shocked and amazed at her generosity but, even more than that, I am really anxious to "take it for a spin" (groan...). The Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival is this week-end and I had planned to attend. Now it will be even more exciting to see the spinning demonstrations and learn about that ancient skill. Will post pix of the wheel as soon as I have unpacked the boxes and put it together (uh...Win can you come home for the week-end? You are the official assembler in the family).

No comments: