Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday Evening





I'm back from my first day of work here. It's going to be a cake walk (try explaining THAT to a Chilean!). Mom is out with Jaime and his mother and I'll call them in a little bit. I wanted to get a couple of pictures up on the blog since it looks like you all are enjoying it! The pics are from the beach area that the Strellos visit. We walked down to the beach to take these shots. You can't imagine how beautiful this place is. As mom read in a book here about Chile......"Chile is not on the way to anywhere.........one must want to come here to get here......." it is so true, and to beautiful for words. The Agfa guy that I'm working with here plays the bagpipes!!! he has the largest collection of bagpipes in South America and has a Celtic band that he plays with. I'm bring his cd home too. We are going to try to put together a "jam" one night while i'm here. It should be a hoot! fiddles, russian guitar, bagpipes, tin whistle, and bass!! More to follow...

2 comments:

eii said...

I'm so glad your assignment is not going to be horrible... it sounded like it had the potential. Are you going to get more time to hang out and sight-see? The jam sounds very cool, whose bass will you use? Have a great time!

eii said...

Here is a note from Grammy that she emailed to me and asked me to post:

Hi: Please let all those in Chile that Char and I have read and seen the pictures from them through Thursday the 22. Thanks. I tried using the comment space and I am not sure it got through. But continue to have a wonderful trip and tell all the Strellos hi and thanks and bye. Love, Grammy