Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Update on the week

News From Browntown

I hope you all are well. I am SO looking forward to being all together for Thanksgiving. In case I have not updated you all on our plans, Mom, Grammy and I will be staying two nights in Abingdon. This should give us plenty of time to catch up, share time and just generally be together, which is becoming harder and harder to do. We really are looking forward to our time together.

I've spent the last two days in a less than ideal place. Agfa sent me to Dover Air Force Base, which, if you don't know, is the US point where all those killed in Iraq are recieved. We installed our equipment in the morterary (not sure of the spelling) so that the government can capture images of those fallen in Iraq. To say that it was unplesant is an understatment. I suppose it is necessary to capture the information, but when faced with real bodies, lost in a war based on a lie is just too much to witness. I'm glad this assignment is over. Keep safe, know that you are loved by us all, and that we look forward to being together in a few weeks.

On a happier note........Mom and I will deliver several barrels to Mr. Garbala filled with medical supplies (and some Christmas gifts) this weekend. I'm not sure of the exact ship date, but Mr. Garbala's letter indicates that the shipment is scheduled to arrive by Christmas! How cool is it that we can provide smiles to those faces we see on the news! The election in Liberia was held this week, but it will be several weeks before the results are known. Most likely there will be a run-off between the top two vote getters. More to follow. In the meantime, be well, be safe and cross your fingers that I can find a case of sweet potatoes for our dinner on Thanksgiving!

dad

5 comments:

eii said...

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving as well, hard to believe it's not that far away! Is the Browntown contingency going to Abingdon on Thursday, and leaving Saturday? The Atlanna (happy Andrew??) folk have not yet discussed our travel arrangements. You guys are bringing Cleo, aren't you? I sure hope you have success with the sweet potatoes! :)

Beth said...

Our plan is to arrive Thursday about noon and leave Saturday morning. I guess we can bring Cleo - it slipped my mind that we did discuss that at one point. She will probably have to stay at Win's - it's doubtful the hotel allows pets and, in any case, we did not make that arrangement. Is it okay, Win?

Win said...

yeah, that's fine, she can stay with us (I'm assuming Em & Andrew are staying with me).

Dad, no need for a whole case of sweet potatoes...somebody else can have mine :)

eii said...

Oh yes there is a need for a whole case, I'll eat Win's AND mine!!! I wonder if they grow sweet potatoes in GA...

Gary said...

Actually pets are allowed at the hotel. We'll ask Cleo where she'd be more comfortable. The Sweet Potato search continues!

dad