Saturday, November 12, 2005

Little Walter? No. John Popper? Maybe....

So I had my second harmonica lesson this morning....The teacher is a nice guy, kinda young, and plays well. (Well, as far as I know he does) He says Im not a complete failure, so who knows, maybe one day Ill be able to play real music. Ive bought two harmonicas so far, since there are 2493490 different ones, in all different keys...I wanna have the carrying case before long, so I can carry them all around and look really cool. Ive been practicing, and Emmalee is asking me every day if I have practiced...I try not to do it to annoy the heck out of Jarrett and Emmalee but they swear it doesnt bother them...Ill see if thats still the case in a month. So I have had two lessons, and he has given me homework, and I like to think Ive made some progress. All I want to do is to be able to play some blues riffs and jam with people when guitars are broken out. Anyway, thats whats going on in my world at the moment, hope everyone has a good weekend......

3 comments:

Gary said...

A briefcase for toting around your harps would be a good look. Please, no "gun-belt" look, it ain't you kid. What other harps do you need? Which keys? Oh, and a black suit with a nice bolo tie would be a good look too.

Beth said...

PRACICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Have Emmalee sign a practice card if it helps you remember. It's never too late to learn anything...I'm living proof of that...who would have thought I would actually be "blogging"!

You will really get a lot of personal satisfaction out of being able to play the harmonica for your own pleasure. Keep practicing!

eii said...

You play the harmonica??? I've never heard of such a thing. I ain't gonna lie on a practice card for you...