Friday, January 13, 2006

On To Seattle......


So the picture has nothing to do with this weekend's game, it's just a little photo nod to everyone's favorite Redskin, Dexter Manley......Ok, more than 24 hours until kickoff, but I figure its never to early to get out this weekends Redskins Playoffs 2006 Assignments....So without further ado, here it goes. Got some more people with assignments this weekend, so pay close attention:

Mom-Ok, so I know Dad is down here, and you probably have no desire to watch the game by yourself, but that's not how it's going to be. You have to round up Grammy, and park it in front of the TV on Saturday at about 4:30, with a Redskins colored scarf (that's part of the assignment) and root them on. And trust me, if you dont complete the assignment, I'll know. And of course you will receive an F in class....

Grammy
-Your primary assignment is...well, who am I kidding, your one of the best at getting your homework done-I know you will be watching, your primary goal is to get mom to watch with you. The gardening can be set aside for just a three hour span on Saturday.

Win-Ok, you proved me wrong last week, turns out you DO care about it-I like that attitude. We need more attitudes like that around here son. If you were right here, I'd smack your butt in a football teammate-but still awkward kind of way....So plug in with Sirius, and tune in to Larry, Sam and Sonny...If your feeling real inspired, call in during the pregame show and make some comment about how Joe Theismann is going to throw three touchdown passes and Art Monk will be on the receiving end of two of them....Seriously, that would be hilarious. You'd be a traveshamockery.laughing stock of Redskin nation, but hey, anything for a laugh, right? I say do it.....

Dad-Well, you'll be with us, so the assignment is pretty clear. Be loud. Be brave. Be rowdy. It's ok, that's acceptable behavior here.....

Em
-Well, it seems as though through years of indifference, your true allegiance has begun to come through. Keep it up sister, it's appreciated, and more importantly, essential to moving forward to Detroit......

Kris
-Ok, you need burgundy and gold face paint, a big foam #1 finger, and a plate full of wings......Invite the neighbors over, if they ask why, tell them it's a playoff party...if they dont wanna join you, you didnt want their company anyway....

Auntie Mels/John-Lovin the Dave Butz Jersey, that needs to make another trip to the Bucket Shop-I thought I had the coolest throwback jersey, but you one upped me last week, its ok. So bring it back, and bring John, we need everyone....

Ok team, those are the assignments for the week...I trust everyone will complete them on time, which of course is 4:30 on Saturday (changed from 3:30) As the Skins take out the overrated Seattle Seahawks....

2 comments:

Beth said...

I will do my best to follow through! You are so organized - I am impressed!

Gary said...

I am so proud I could cry. What a wonderful pre-game write up this is. You done well son! One note: Win will have Kris visiting on Saturday, so perhaps there will be TWO listening on that Sirius contraption thing. We'll have to call during the game to make sure. We just won't say WHEN we'll call, so be listening to the entire game Win!