Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rach and Em



Well, in an attempt to keep the blog alive and interesting, here is a report on my most recent travels. Last Thursday, I flew to Indianapolis, Indiana to visit Rachel. She has been in school at IU for two years, and has one semester left. If I'm going to see her there, I figured it had better be soon. So, now or never. So I arrived in Indianapolis around midnight, where Rachel picked me up at the airport. We drove to Bloomington, which is about 45 minutes away. We were both pretty tired, so after taking Lucy for a walk we both crashed. Friday morning we got up and walked to the Bloomington Bagel Company (Rachel's equivalent to Aurora). It was yummy. After breakfast, Rachel gave me a little tour of Bloomington by car. It's not a big place, pretty typical college town. VERY granola. And flat. Well, it is the midwest... We then decided to play some tennis. The weather was really nice, not as hot as Atlanta. After some good exercise, we did some shopping to get ready for the picnic and borthday cook-out planned for Saturday. Friday night we met some of Rachel's friends and went out in downtown Bloomington. Saturday morning we took another trip to the BBC (Bloomington Bagel Company) and then... I don't remember what we did then. Oh yeah, we went to the library so Rachel could take care of some business. Saturday afternoon we went to the Oliver Winery, where we tasted some wine and then had a picnic on the lawn (see pic). It was fun, a little hot, but very fun. Saturday night Rachel had a birthday party at her house. Some of her friends came over, and we cooked out and had birthday cake and sangria. Yummy again. (As you can tell, we ate a lot -- it was a good trip :-) Rachel took me back to Indianapolis Sunday, and I came home to Atlanta. It was a great trip, and I was glad to get home. It's been an extremely busy past month, there has been a lot of travel and activity. Fun times, but I have to say I am looking forward to hanging in the 'hood this weekend. This weekend I will be hanging in the 'hood, but I have a visitor coming from Front Royal. One of my co-workers from WCSAC is coming to spend the weekend, I will be picking her up from the airport tonight. I'm sure she will enjoy her stay in Atlanta... everyone loves the Highlands!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

See what happens when you live somewhere fun and interesting? Everyone comes to visit including your parents and grandparents.

As you may notice Win has surfaced with a comment on the blog a couple of entries back. He also called. All is well.