Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Weekend That Was.....On Rupley






So this weekend literally had too much going on to pack into a blog entry, so Ill let the pictures speak for themselves. Friday night, was our big shindig we had for friends of ours, as well as the neighbors, featuring everyone;s favorite classic rock cover band, Swami Gone Bananas. A few of us who have some musical instrumentation skills (well, I use that term loosely for some of us. And by that, I mean me) decided to jam a little ourselves while the headlining act set up their rigs. See below, the band, me, Ryan, Jarrett, TJ playing as well. Emmalee decided not to bust out the bassoon, I think it was a fear of it being broken, which is understandable.

Saturday night was Eric Clapton, which, as I told you dad, you can't really "review" Clapton, he was either awesome, or out of this world. Really no in between. Didnt get any pics, as the security folks I assumed were going to be a little tight with photos being taken and all. Derek Trucks never ceases to amaze. Maybe one of these days Ill be able to put my thoughts of the concert together enough to warrant a review. For now, enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Looks like a great weekend! I'm only sorry I wasn't able to attend (at least for the SwamiFest part). Well said, your Clapton comments. There really is no need for a review, I think most understand that old slowhand is beyond need of one. I don't suppose there is any recorded documentation of the Rupley Porch band? Is that one of the "Highland Five" sitting in with Swami? I'm disappointed that there was no bassoon assist on the porch.

Beth said...

Any chance Swami will be playing somewhere this coming week-end? Maybe Phylis and I could catch them someplace? I would love to hear them.