Wednesday, August 31, 2005

News From Browntown

Hello All!

We are all so fortunate to be high and dry! I talked to Grammy this AM and she said she "was on her knees for a long time" last night - maybe we should all say a prayer for the victims of Katrina and of thanks for our own relative safety.

Win had his interview yesterday and reports that it went as well as could be expected considering that it was a ridiculously unnecessary exercise. I know you did a fine job, though. You do good work for children and you have great skills and knowledge to bring to any program anywhere. You also serve as an excellent example to the children with whom you work .

Emma got her wish and is in the Grantwriting course - good luck and you will love it! She also said she is going to volunteer some hours this evening to the Red Cross Call Center. I am sure they need all the help they can get.

Andrew - keep up your good work bringing news to the world- it's exposure of the disaster that will bring in the help. By the way, congratulations on the Nancy Grace success - I read that the show is the number one rated in it's category and has runaway ratings!!! Read that on the web site you told me about. You bring an important dimension of perspective and calm to that enterprise, I am certain.

Thanks Dad for taking the initiative to give to the Red Cross disaster effort. I heard the Salvation Army Commander this AM saying that there are so many disasters he just wonders how long the American people will continue to reach into their pockets to help ... Personally, I think they will keep doing it in response to disasters as long as there is something in their pockets.

I sent Aunt Stella a long letter yesterday catching her up on our activities. SOme of you might want to send her a card or note. A simple card "wishing you well" or something would be great for her, I know. Her address:

Stella and Mario Uttaro
54 Elton St.
New Britain, CT 06053

She really was a "fairy godmother" to you all when you were little!

1 comment:

eii said...

You are so right about our fortune!!!

Thanks for Aunt Stella's info, I will definitely send her a note!