Tuesday, November 22, 2005

News From Browntown

I have just had a very interesting conversation with one of our IBEW members who is getting ready to go to Miss. to help build a "camp" for relief/construction workers. He is going with a Presbyterian organization that has been there since the hurricane hit. He is taking three weeks off from work to go and will be back home just in time for Christmas. His sister just got back after being there for a month doing the same work.

It is so nice to have such an unexpected, inspiring encounter that can restore faith in humanity.

So much of the time I feel like I should be wearing that T-shirt that says "I See Stupid People"...

1 comment:

eii said...

That is nice to find that. I just heard from Phylis that she has agreed to be an LOEP Board Member, yeah!!!