Monday, December 12, 2005

Atlanta Elvis Sighting!

Well, I got my first taste of the famed Redskins bar here in Atlanta. Commonly known as the "Bucket Cafe", no one was able to tell me why they call it a bucket. At anyrate, watching the Redskins with Andrew & Emma, at their favorite Redskins bar (they won by the way) AND our host at the bar being an Elvis impersonator (who knew Elvis was a Redskin fan???), WHAT could be better than all of that???? It was quite a scene I can assure you all. Just about every flavor of Redskin fan was represented. The crowd which was a respectable 30 - 40 people had a wonderful time. We had Mr. Negativity, Mr. I will wear EVERY Redskin piece of paraphanallia I own, Mr. Redskin Fan Lawyer (sorry your car got broken into), and assorted other fans that (I must say I was impressed) knew EVERY word of the Redskin fight song, even the verses that most DON'T know! They of course sang it out loud and proud after each score (sometimes twice). All in all it was a great experience. Since Mom and I will be Atlanta a little longer than we had planned, it turns out we'll be here for the final Redskin game on New Year's Day when they play the dreaded Philadelphia Eagles. Mom can get a first hand look at the assemblage of fans. Don't forget to wear your hoggette nose sweety! Sadly I didn't bring my camera which is probably a good thing, since "low profile" was the mode of the day. Too much fun just sitting and watching. I'm pretty sure flash bulbs would have been frowned upon by an outsider. More to follow as the holidays roll in. Looking forward to being with everyone!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I can only imagine the delirium that occurred with the group on Sunday, 12/18 when the 'skins trounced Dallas!