Monday, May 01, 2006

Atlanta Update

Was a pretty good weekend for the Atlannta end of the family....Emmalee had a few shows with the Atlanta City Opera, and from what I hear, a good performance was in order by Emmalee, Audrey, and the rest of the orchestra. Im a horrible brother, I didnt attend, but my obligations wouldnt allow it. Saturday Emmalee and I hung out with the neighbors, and had a few friends over for some hospitality on the porch-A good time was had by all. Sunday was spent at the Inman Park Festival, where Jarrett and some friends of ours went and watched The Codetalkers, an Atlanta based band play-Great show, as usual. Sunday night we went to dinner with the neighbors, John-Marc and RP, before everyone began the work week. Meanwhile, Im trying to get to NYC for work this week, but the lfight from Atlanta to New York I was on this morning was interrupted by a "mechanical error" which forced us to land in Richmond, VA, so here I sit waiting for a "new plane." I know mom, its comforting isnt it? So Im SUPPOSED to be in NY working in time for the workday to begin, but judging by the way things are going, its going to be a late start for me-Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week. Im back to Richmond this coming weekend for the big NASCAR Race, which should be alot of fun. And alot of interesting people watching......

2 comments:

Beth said...

WOW! Andrew The Intrepid Reporter has checked in with a fine report on everyone's week-end activities.

The "mechanical error" is quite unsettling. Did you get there in time? We watched NG thinking maybe the "Lizcam" would pick up a shot of Drew at work. We have the machine set to record NG all week while you are there.

Gary said...

Andrew, I'm thinking that pictures from the NASCAR weekend would be fun for all of us to see. Don't keep that "people watching" fun all to yourself. Oh, I spoke to Rick Slayton the other day, while he's not going to the race, Brad and Mandy are. They'll be camping out, I'm sure you'll see them :)

dad