Friday, May 05, 2006

NYC Update II-On To Richmond

So the great eastern trip is hitting leg #2, as Im sitting here at LaGuardia waiting for the 2:45 flight to Richmond. New York is done with as far as I am concerned, it was a good week and I learned alot about how the show operates in NYC as opposed to Atlanta. I didnt see Elizabeth too much, she was around Monday, but was off the rest of the week. II did get to see my old Shep roommate Tim last night, who entertained me with tales of his life as a struggling actor, and working full time as a mime in central park and the NYC Subway. No, really, he is a full time mime. He works for money from tourists, and other generous folks. The two of us went to Greenwich Village, where i talked him into going with me to see a band called Jason Ricci and New Blood, who, for my money, and from what I had heard from my harmonica teacher, is one of the best harmonica players on the planet. The guy came out and looked a little more like one of the Sex Pistols or someone from one of those 70's punk outfits, but the kid started blowin the harmonica and my mouth was hitting the floor. He was the best harmonica player Ive ever heard, and apparently, in the blues circles, the guy is absolutely legendary. He is only about 30, so he is still young, but dad, win, you guys would dig it. Was cool to see someone who is a master at the instrument blowin it away.

After a week, I came to a few conclusions about NYC. First off, while I used to discount the idea of ever living here, annd not being able to take the hustle and bustle, I think I wouldnt mind living here at all. That is, for a little while. After 12 months or so, I feel like I might have had my fill, and be ready for something a little more slow. There are things that are great here, but of course, there are things that are kinda crappy too.....I mean really people, chill out. Do you HAVE to run everyone over? We are all in a hurry, and if we all chill, we will get there on time. But what can you do.

Campbell is set to pick me up from the airport today about 4 o'clock, and god willing, we could have the perfect pickup, considering when im supposed to land and when he is supposed to get into Richmond. Jerkface will be there as well, and a few other folks who will be gearing up for our first ever NASCAR race....Im pretty excited about it, I must say. Anyway, thats about it, Im gonna get back to uh......waiting.........

3 comments:

Gary said...

Andrew, I'm glad your NYC experience was a good one. Live there? You KNOW don't you , that there is no 991 Rupley correct? Thanks for the tip about the Harp player. He's in Winchester this weekend at Sweet Caroline's but of course I won't be here. Maybe next time. We're all looking forward to the NASCAR pictures! Git 'r done, son

eii said...

No, absolutely NOT. I will not give you permission to leave the neighborhood on a permanent basis. And if these are the kinds of thoughts your little trips are going to invoke, I'll have to speak to the rest of Ruploria about revoking your priveleges to leave at all. INDEED! (Adjusting my ascot)

Beth said...

Andrew says, "I think I wouldn't mind living here at all. After 12 months or so... might have had my fill"

Honey, that is why the expression "great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" came about.